Re: LF: propagation 29 march

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: propagation 29 march
From: "P. W. Schnoor" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 13:15:34 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Gang,
Hi Rik,

I did not observe unusual conditions *here* on LF Tuesday the
last few days. Since the Ionosphere seems to be quite "normal"
over these days I have no explanation. Only the Troposphere
conditions are unusual but I never heard of strong influences of
weather on LF. May be an unknown effect...

Rik Strobbe wrote:
[...] and DF3LP in slow CW also with 549. Both signals were
about 10dB above normal.

Thanks! I estimated (empirically) the increase of strength at
5-7 dB due to my new loading coil. Methods: 1. Comparison of received signals (DBF39, "blop",
Loran-C,...). 2. Field strength "measurement" with ferrite rod
at 1.2 km of distance (near field...).

54°16'N / 10°04'E, JO54ag
73 es gl de Peter, DF3LP