Re: LF: Unusual Conditions March 28, 1999?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Unusual Conditions March 28, 1999?
From: "Peter W. Schnoor" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 19:13:50 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Gang,
Hi Holger,

Saw your signal yesterday evening on FFT screen but had some
trouble with my antenna matching.

'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW wrote:

I can not confirm, that LX1PD was QRV today, but I can confirm that
we had some unusual conditions.

Yes, I heard some of his long CQ calls.
[...]
I wonder if anybody else had some unusual to report today. Anything special
from the sun such as high k-values?

Here are the latest geophysical news from ftp://ftp.sel.noaa.gov/pub/latest/wwv.txt:

:Issued: 1999 Mar 28 1500 UT
# Prepared by the U.S. Dept. of Commerce, NOAA, Space Environment Center.
#
#           Geophysical Alert Message
#
Solar-terrestrial indices for 27 March follow.
Solar flux 105 and Boulder A-index 3.
The Boulder K-index at 1500 UT on 28 March was 2 (16 nT).

Solar-terrestrial conditions for the last 24 hours follow.
Solar activity was very low.
The geomagnetic field was quiet to unsettled.

The forecast for the next 24 hours follows.
Solar activity will be very low.
The geomagnetic field will be quiet to unsettled.

I heaved my new loading coil (approx. 8kg) up to the feeding
point at 12m at my birch tree and found all signals
increased approx. 5dB in strength. Hope that the improvement
on TX side will be in comparable ranges... 8-)

54°16'N / 10°04'E, JO54ag
73 es gl de Peter, DF3LP