Re: LF: 137 Carrier

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 137 Carrier
From: "John Rabson" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 09:00:04 -0000 (GMT)
Sender: <[email protected]>

On 26-Mar-99 C.TRAYNER wrote:
On a similar subject, it would be really useful to be able to plot signal strength against time (say, 24 hours) using a computer - for

Another approach, possible with some receviers, is John Rabson (G3PAI)'s logging software, referred to in a previous reflector email ;-)

I have written some simple software to control the Lowe HF250
receiver via a serial link. The RX is stepped from 30 to 150 kHz in 200 Hz
increments (frequencies can be configured in the program and the increment can
be set to 0). The S meter (AGC line?) is read from the RX on a 0 to 127 scale
at each frequency.
There are versions of the program in QBASIC (I run it on the Amstrad PPC640 -
8086 + MSDOS) and in OPL for the Psion 3c. It should not be difficult to
modify it for other receivers.

If you would like a copy of the source code please Email me.

73 de G3PAI

E-Mail: John Rabson <[email protected]>
Date: 27-Mar-99
Time: 08:01:33