Re: LF: 137 Carrier

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 137 Carrier
From: "Clifford Buttschardt" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 10:27:19 -0800 (PST)
Cc: [email protected]
Sender: <[email protected]>
Andy, in one of your messages just sent (26 March--10:01Z) at the very end
of comments regarding PIC chips you hit a superb nerve!

If there is some way in which the PSK31 baud rate of approx 31.6 can be
converted to MS25 for use with the DeCarle COHERENT program, we have the
best two worlds.  The narrow bandwidth of PSK31 and error correction of
ET1 and 2 in COHERENT/AFRICA does just this.  Further the operational ease
of syncing, "type ahead", beaconing and monitoring come as a bonus.

Note we have two very talented, strong willed individuals here, which PIC
programming might not be the answer but might illustrate the need for a
bit more effort in this regard.    73 Cliff K7RR