LF: Records 2

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Records 2
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 11:17:06 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
In my last message (Records) I congratulated G3LDO on his 73kHz record. I should also, of course, have congratulated Toni, HB9ASB, on his achievement in receiving Peter's signal, especially as Toni is not able to transmit on the band. His persistence in trying to receive 73kHz signals goes way back before the 136kHz band was available anywhere, and without his efforts we would never have been able to demonstrate that LF low-ERP signals can go further than the length of the UK.

Is there now anyone further than 700km from G3LDO (or G3YXM) who is able to take up the challenge of beating this record. Remember that the UK 73kHz band is scheduled to be closed down forever from 30 June 2000.

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.dennison.demon.co.uk/activity.htm