LF: Records

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Records
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 11:04:48 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Firstly, congratulations to Peter, G3LDO, on greatly increasing the 73kHz one-way distance record with his transmission to Toni, HB9ASB. I have not yet calculated the distance but it must be 700km+ compared to the previous one-way record of some 480km.

Secondly, there has been some speculation about the EI0CF to I5MXX path being a potential 2000km+ potential record. I checked this out as it could have been a story for the RSGB GB2RS News Bulletin. However, according to the Buckmaster database !5MXX is at JN53JU and hence "only" 1811km from EI0CF. The distance between EI0CF and OH1TN is 1892. What =is= over 2000km is the path between OH1TN and I5MXX at 2137km (and presumably most other I stations are 2000km+ from OH1TN, too).

I will be trying to beat the much more modest 73kHz two-way record (currently in the region of 175km) when I go to GW at Easter. More details closer to the date.

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.dennison.demon.co.uk/activity.htm