LF: New Station G8RW

To: "rsgb_lf_group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: New Station G8RW
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 01:35:56 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
From Dave G3YMC

I was pleased to work Bob G8RW in Bromley this afternoon Tuesday 2nd, his
first QSO on the band.  Using 30W into an inverted L antenna he was a very
reasonable 559.

Recent improvements to my station (better antenna matching and 35W output)
are beginning to show.  In the last fortnight I have first QSOs with
GM3YXM/P, G6RO and GUNT and my best DX has tripled.  I plan to increase the
power to around 100W soon.  As John GVC says, there is still plenty of life
in conventional CW.

On a different matter, I listened on 73kHz today, the first Tuesday, while
Rugby was off, but heard nothing.

Circuits and description of my transverter can now been found on my web
site:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/sergeantd/136.htm

73s Dave G3YMC
IO91PJ Bracknell Berks