LF: Ferrite rod array

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Ferrite rod array
From: "Peter W. Schnoor" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 14:51:17 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Group,

I´m planning to combine the output of 8 ferrite rods for comparision to my coax loop. Each rod has it´s own coil.

How should I arrange this array for
highest performance? One above the other? Next to each other? On a straight line? Filling a volume?

Some years ago I built a "monster" ferrite rod by glueing 5x18cm rods together. It was much better than bundling them. Of course it was too fragile to handle and had only one coil. I don´t know how to simulate a ferrite rod with NEC.

Any ideas?

54°16'N / 10°04'E, JO54ag
73 es gl de Peter, DF3LP