Re: LF: Re: Re Loomis? & ... 12.47 Hz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Re Loomis? & ... 12.47 Hz
From: Markus Vester <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 16:33:26 +0000 (UTC)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=aol.com; s=a2048; t=1552408409; bh=0nN39rfdcGcpo1dbjBa311gBnfy2iT0Fag0scGNc8fM=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:References:From:Subject; b=JCTO0cBe4aRg/O+gueIx93ItONDsYckWqpaOs/b563gQDRblN9vuF1KL92crbFcgWHdDfAkBZu5OOP9bXzpJws/lQYhhj+rg6N0R+K7QmZjUAHRk2xBBE30CqY0rmrTNDjJxr48be2fLFcgApYwiFv4aJAcD1XzpJ0niXLd16F3NO5y1NKwvoCIcVPPJu6/SRz0MWJfyx04Wov8sxupBK/tBKoNuiYs8LBMcjO8FelkRptn9pkes7bI6Et48pnmxCHYjEI8tihJ8so1WHppnXvyA+G+9ZvNhmSaVWr85NSEUqRTIBjHCymk0ijex56qs2TJj36+oIqpsr68Sh0QHtQ==
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan,

why not drive the antenna in parallel resonance? This would provide a better impedance match to the low current high voltage DC source. You'd preferably want a high voltage transistor, which could also operate in class-C with low duty cycle.

From my experience, 100 uA DC seems overly optimistic. Best I got from my ant (40 m of wire) was 1 to 2 uA, which was actually during a precipitation static event (aka Grabber whiteout). In fair weather, the current is normally not measurable with a 10 Mohm millivoltmeter, i.e. less than ~ 0.1 nA.

Best 73,
Markus