R: Re: R: LF: TXing WSPR/MF on an indoor loop

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: R: Re: R: LF: TXing WSPR/MF on an indoor loop
From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2019 14:29:57 +0100 (CET)
Sender: [email protected]
so you are planning the old fashion indoor frame antenna ;-)
For a longer life of the caps, WIMA has detailed datasheet and you can find series with specified current limits.
Also CD has caps with high current.
Remaining in argoument of small antennas wish to post the almost incredible resoults of a friend of mine: he has a D2T antenna which is sold as broadband antenna (in fact it is a terminated transmission line.. something like a folded elevated beverage ;-).
Although the very small footprint, after adding a second impedance transformer (the original one because of the core is limited to 160m), he tested D2T on MF and even LF. The gain (loss) of the antenna is a bit more than a dummy load, but he got wspr spot from several hundred km distance!

73, Marco IK1HSS