Re: R: LF: TXing WSPR/MF on an indoor loop

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: R: LF: TXing WSPR/MF on an indoor loop
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2019 13:57:31 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1548507452; bh=EoUMWmzHrybci1CpehFFCro5BEaOt6WG4CV0UCyrpjQ=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=YLmHjfgg3mBLq0QTdMlfd/eU0lG33Gj14EzPIShNkCMbDKOq2/httFHP5Ls2BOzTo 8wVFMJmUJdRJKENrIWb47Hdj0RSn113hxFXfr669Olq9BavmGS8zramg/ArpzQjdnc x7LUqEbZMXNKvBmWGGjZm0yo5Z45NcXmRSKR+xfnTRCML4oZzVl2lNEBEBzbYCHjRu 8RtZtEICAnhw9IQRglCH6WNKGkIDyqwpSN7NNq5CMtPc1gOlW1RLopkzd8x1IYZmwL q2piLdINWs6vjlyFpVQBNbAwsVnMfCnGRgK8B9XT6RqBHO0z3P/rCTQKy8tQmhgwEL Je3q3FVwXLJ1g==
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Paul,

Oh yes, you are right, i forgot that. In the same way they could limit the maximum current at a given frequency and capacity... But this is probably to keep a certain life time and guarantee a certain deviation of the nominal capacity, for commercial applications...

I'm just thinking about a multi-turn TX loop that uses no capacitor at all. Imagine a loop with say 15 turns of the same wire i am using now. It will have 45 Ohm then? Now one turn results in 0.2 Ohm. When touching the capaciors during the transmission, i notice they heat up by 15 °C maybe, not to much. So i estimate the losses are about 2 W, i.e. most of the losses are in the wire. A loop of 15 turns will have an internal capacity and a self resonance frequency. Maybe it can be tuned to 475 kHz, then you can close the loop without a serial C! and inject a RF current with a ferrite core just like i do now. The residual impedance will have no reactive component. And then, the limiting factor will be the maximum temperature of the wire and its mechanical expansion when it becomes warm, which will detune the loop like the upheating capacitor does. But that time constant will be higher, so you tune it out for a given average power when TXing WSPR.

73, Stefan