Re: LF: Low Pass Filtering

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Low Pass Filtering
From: Claudio Pozzi <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 13:31:34 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

On Monday, January 14, 2019 12:48:04 PM you wrote:

> Hi Claudio,

> >...some people can't live without the SWR meter on the

> >transmission line: the harmonics not irradiated return toward

> >the Tx and the SWR meter show an high value: terrible!!!

> >but if you have a LPF the SWR is also high BEFORE the filter

> If you have the usual configuration TX->LPF->SWR_Meter->Antenna

> the indicated SWR will NOT be spoiled by returning harmonics because

> they are attenuated by the LPF and reflected into the TX.

> So only extremely weak harmonics make it to the antenna.

> Their refeflection by the antenna does'nt change SWR measurably.

Yes Clemens, I agree.

I mean that without the LPF the SWR meter measure all the harmonics reflected by the antenna, so the SWR measured can be a lot higher and can be cause of MOSFETS failure.

I come from vacuum tube Tx and I can survive with high SWR if also the transmitter can ;-)

73

Claudio, IK2PII

----
ZE-Light e ZE-Pro: servizi zimbra per caselle con dominio email.it, per tutti i dettagli clicca qui

Sponsor:
Idee regalo classiche o alternative? Trova l'offerta migliore in un click
Clicca qui