Re: ULF: Carrier on 2970.01 Hz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: ULF: Carrier on 2970.01 Hz
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2018 11:11:14 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1546251087; bh=SRKCe9AQ3pwFvQnxrJdfIclOKnO2f+vp2QZ8qZmZpqw=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=FmkJn8fwfSJWt67GpSh3PfBGGUWWxyl1FHti/+NjigBzJ4hirzhXboTRN3DtBUpeu +AShZUQMAyKNPQjKSf8Oa8meSkyl70be3fIfgTldKPyFFCxfWoHRR/ciQn/QOEZEpO Q/cyW27ZT5OVpukzWEg3DY9plDrGqxO0FSJK7GdpClmoxOrxynHtkMyacpqcNg94uC zXDF7LetTR6Gbygi1Cx3WmGTUm1kIKk/0YIG7R9fwM2S+zReYgt+AA8MUDYASNwjjO XJDyoK+Bdj9NrHXoaeYi2Hjnvd+ypQIWL1sdgTA4JQNMuYtCCcvSSxFfYB26n9HYlr +IGtfDnlHT7XA==
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Paul, ULF,

Thanks for the efforts. 11.9 dB, that sounds good. For a valid detection you said we need 14 dB SNR. Anyway, quite close and it is unlikely that it is a noise peak. Actually this is quite amazing, considering the many days of stacking of a several hour long transmission we needed to produce 14 dB SNR form my INV-L antenna. I remember it took ~ 100 hours to wind that 6.1 H coil, which had a relatively short life time and was quite expensive! I already conclude: Ground loop antenna are doing a great job, not only on ULF but also on VLF! Will you continue to improve the H field? Same here, i need to work on the H field. For the 470 Hz experiment and later at lower frequencies, the distance is in the near field already and so i will need the H field on the RX side.

I recorded the stream of DL4YHF and Renato/IK1QFK. From that data storage i post-processed a spectrum peak on 8270 and 2970. It is interesting to see the difference! Wolfgang is in 313 km distance (http://k7fry.com/grid/?qth=JO42FD&from=JN39WI) and Renato is in 492 km (http://k7fry.com/grid/?qth=jn34rw&from=JN39WI). On 8270 Hz they both got a very strong signal. On 2970 Hz, Wolfgang got also a very strong peak but Renato got nothing at all! Maybe another ground/skywave cancellation? Results attached.

The propagation curves of this frequency range are quite dynamic for distances below 1000 km. Maybe 2970 Is not ideal for distances for you and Jacek. Eventually 2470 Hz or 1970 Hz is even better? At least the good SNR at DL0AO and DL4YHF promises that the SNR will be high enough on these lower frequencies to allow a comparison! So it is worth to TX another 2 hours there. Also it would be a new record distance of > 1 lambda on these bands.

73, Stefan