LF: SlowJT9 on a WinXP PC

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: LF: SlowJT9 on a WinXP PC
From: John Bruce McCreath <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2018 09:56:57 -0500
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Rik….just a couple of things I noted while trying to get the latest release to run
under WinXP in my old PC.

It seems to be a write problem, as when I start it up again after a lockup, I have to
re-enter my call, etc. and re-select the sound card.  That info doesn’t get saved as
it should.  The lockup occurs at the end of the first receive cycle.  Perhaps it tries
to write to the drive at that time?  It’s in the C:\SlowJT9 folder, as suggested, so it
shouldn’t be the "administrative thing” messing around with me.  Any suggestions,
besides the obvious, an upgrade to a newer PC and OS?

73, J.B., VE3EAR

LowFER Beacon "EAR"
188.835 kHz. QRSS30
EN93dr