Re: LF: JT9-2 CQ!

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: JT9-2 CQ!
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 20:25:21 +0000
Accept-language: nl-BE, en-GB, en-US
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Stefan,

-The program crashes regularly right after the decode process, even when all other WSPR instances are closed. Sometimes it freezes, also after the decode process.
Can you activate the debug file saving (Settings -> Save) and send me the debug file (debug.txt to be found in the extra subfolder) after a crash occured.

- At JT9-5 i cannot select a higher frequency than 843 Hz
In order to use the JT9 decoder of the WSJT-X suite all slower modes have to be converted to JT9-1 (using windowed sinc interpollation). Inherent to this process is a frequency upconversion that is proportional to the bitrate conversion. For JT9-5 this is 5.926. The maximum frequency the JT9 decoder can handle is 5kHz, thus the maximum JT9-5 frequency is 5000/5.926 = 843 Hz.

By the way: as mentioned earlier the JT9-5 decoder is not yet fully functional. I am working on this right now.

- The program does not save the last TX and RX frequency
That is easy to implement, another thing on my to do list.

73, Rik  ON7YD - OR7T