Re: LF: Re: More on unstable antenna R

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: More on unstable antenna R
From: Claudio Pozzi <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2018 10:19:21 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

On Monday, December 03, 2018 10:03:00 PM you wrote:

> Hi Paul,

> I think the scope match may be an old method but is advanced because it

> shows not only the magnitude of voltage and current and the phase

> between them, it also shows the waveforms at the power level of

> operation! A VNA, if i'm informed correctly injects a small test signal,

> so it is not a measurement at the peak power!

> If your antenna R just changes from 58 Ohm to 46 Ohm, then just forget

> it! I bet the changes can be much higher on average radio amater setups.

I agree Stefan!

And in my opinion if the transmission line is shorter than 1/10 of the wavelength ALL the impedance adjustments can be performed at the Transmitter side of the line.

So the impedance transformer at the antenna side is an unnecessary loss.

Adjust X at the antenna side and adjust R at the transmitter side ;-)

73 de Claudio IK2PII

--

----
ZE-Light e ZE-Pro: servizi zimbra per caselle con dominio email.it, per tutti i dettagli clicca qui

Sponsor:
Idee regalo classiche o alternative? Trova l'offerta migliore in un click
Clicca qui

----