Re: LF: LF EbNaut TX Announcement

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: LF EbNaut TX Announcement
From: Rob Renoud <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 16:20:09 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan, Luis, Paul, Markus and 2200 meter EbNaut,

Thank you all for the comments and suggestions.  Lots of good ideas.

Stefan & Paul:  Agree that 15 characters is a better choice.  Expanding the
text field to 15 characters also allows for compound call signs, etc.  Once
full call signs are exchanged at the beginning of a QSO, additional characters
could be made available for information by employing the QRSS practice of
shortening call signs to the last three characters in subsequent exchanges.
Let’s see what happens with this approach - everything is easily modified.

As far as my plans, I want to regularly beacon EbNaut on 2200 meters once the
season kicks off.  I also am interested in learning how to use scripts for
automatically  decoding EbNaut signals.  I also want to fully implement the
full VLF Receiver Tool Kit assortment of applications.  I will also be glad to
attempt two-way QSOs on 2200.

I recently applied for permission to operate on 68 - 76 kHz under my current
Experimental License, WH2XXC.  Will likely beacon on WSPR and EbNaut to further
explore propagation and operations on these lower LF frequencies.

Markus:  I agree that further testing of the 2200 meter band is needed.  I will
be glad to conduct any transmissions and modes that fall within the amateur
regulations on 2200 meters that might be useful in better understanding
propagation conditions.

I plan to EbNaut beacon this coming Friday, Saturday, and Sunday on 2200 meters
(137470 Hz, 15 characters, CRC 16, 1.5 sec symbols starting on minutes 00 and
30).  I will post a separate announcement with the details shortly.

73,
Rob - K3RWR FM18qi
“Practicing the Art of Radio”