Re: LF: NA VLF

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: NA VLF
From: [email protected]
Date: Sun, 20 May 2018 13:03:22 -0230 (NDT)
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Stefan and thank-you for the encouraging report. At the moment, all
is set (I hope!) for:

One character, 8.2700075 kHz,
 2300, 1100 utc, 16K23A, CRC-21,
 784 symbols, 30 seconds

It will take some time to change to the settings you suggested -- we can
try this  after.

73 and tnx agn

Joe

On Sun, 20 May 2018, DK7FC wrote:

Hello Joe,

I searched for your last nights carrier in my recordings and found an impressive SNR, totally unexpected for this time in the year. See attachment. The carrier reaches 10.97 dB S/N in 39.7 uHz when starting at 23 UTC. This would easily decode a 1 char message. I remember we tried some weeks ago without success, even when stacking several days or nights.

Do we want to try again to detect a 1 char message?
Based on the last nights results i would suggest: 1 char, 16K21A, CRC26, Start 23:00 UTC, 30 sec symbols

HW? :-)

73, Stefan