R: LF: Re: [rsgb_lf_group] Capacitors at MF

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: R: LF: Re: [rsgb_lf_group] Capacitors at MF
From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2018 19:50:20 +0200 (CEST)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi David,

if I may add my comments hope you have more doubts :-)))

in the last couple of months I experienced a multiple caps buy...
I will do not use any longer in low pass filters or for decoupling
purposes or power transfer polyesther caps disregrading their voltage
class, they almost fail even at low power level (maybe not for a 10W
LPF).
I found useful in most part of application the polypropilene caps of
Wima both of the MKF and FKP series but for power transfer specially at
medium and high power levels my appointment is for Cornell Dubilier
caps of the 940 serie: they are not cheap but they are worth and by the
way their datasheet is the only one reporting current capability and AC
voltage in function of the frequency.

GL
Marco IK1HSS