Re: ULF: A new band is opened up! 191 km

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: ULF: A new band is opened up! 191 km
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 21:18:59 +0200
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1524770341; bh=geiZSdJv89h3HqpyBbMZ0XDQgjzms/7j65RSzVqTOE4=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=OR+Lc6wqXSgyimEnT+Z9qastn7X1hhsIB20DE1KTKERb4aBrhcLObaRs2n8fbPuki 80mwJoGX0GH+3cnlbAsD8g05WvH7i0+zVxMLRH+MEYQktcDuudvfa3PTyqdXda0+Id w4Z27LyaEIYpvEHGymyokwekuqh4z9/X/mBtWEfEv4F/pJX0VuDPNzbhdtzZR2B7yy 7xtqqKCa5XZOFtgav/K7Xil9gbnRMfiicj4JqQc9HPZJnbRq5GNDzzuVBFAWLFl2RC JR1TppWTJjaQK8Y2zeOI22yRMffblcvRJArlMYqqftK0Tnu5xk/pkXAJi7f2v8q2HS /EKg/Je0sgvgQ==
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Wolf,

Thank you for watching!
Your vlf6 remote site will make it at least after 3 days i bet.

It is not good to turn on the blanker anyway because Paul could find better settings in a post-processing. I assume he is so kind to help us :-)
It may not be easy to find the best blanker and filter settings for this special frequency range. I choose 1.57 kHz because the far sferics 'end' at 1.6 kHz (down to DC) but using a sharp band filter would not be good. So what is ideal?

Instead of a spectrogram, you know, generating a spectrum peak is more promising. Actually a 1 character EbNaut message is the most efficient way to go anyway, because a clear decode of 1 character can have less S/N than a doubtless spectrum peak.
The first 24 hours without a interruption are now completed.
I'm excited!

73, Stefan