Re: LF: More Phase plots

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: More Phase plots
From: Markus Vester <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2018 05:52:58 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Andy, LF,

the frequency offset on the Loran signal has been present since Friday (Mar 24). It showed up as a rainbow pattern on my monitor
http://df6nm.bplaced.net/LoranView/LoranGrabber.htm
and was immediately confirmed by Peter G3PLX, who then communicated the problem to the ooperators. It looks like the frequency offset is alternating between exactly +1ppb and -1ppb, as if a digital timing control unit were going rail-to-rail while attempting to to lock to the proper time.

Peter had discovered a similar phase-drift fault already in August 2016. This was later fixed, but has left a permanent timing error on the master pulsegroup (on LoranView the trace is slightly left of it's.slot)

Andy did you actually undo the Loran pulse phasecodes for your measurement, or simply look at the 100.000 kHz spectral line which results from the unbalance of the phasecode scheme (ratio of 11 to 7 positive to negative pulses for master, 10 to 6 for secondary) ?

Best 73,
Markus (DF6NM)