LF: Re: 136 kHz G3XDV, DF2JP

To: <[email protected]>, "Discussion of the Lowfer \(US, European, & UK\) and MedFer bands" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: 136 kHz G3XDV, DF2JP
From: "Michael Sapp" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 10:38:38 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
Paul & All: I can only report partial capture of G3XDV overnight. The propagation did not appear to allow any partial capture from DF2JP this session from my rx system.

Best of G3 XDV captures with approaching EU SR

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4b8s0x377k000wl/capt00019.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/on85k0kwqgs4rm1/capt00020.jpg?dl=0

So I can justify seeing a "G 3 ? ? V" and just barely the "V." Light visual fragments of the X and D at best....

Still, an encouraging rx session.  Thanks to all the beaconing stations.

73 Mike wa3tts

----- Original Message ----- From: "N1BUG" <[email protected]> To: <[email protected]>; <[email protected]>; "Discussion of the Lowfer (US, European, & UK) and MedFer bands" <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2018 8:37 AM
Subject: LF: 136 kHz G3XDV, DF2JP

I first saw G3XDV at 2200z, almost one full hour before my sunset
when I got the last dash of his call sign clearly. I copied partial
calls from Mike at 2300, 0100, 0300, and 0500z slots but never a
full consecutive call sign despite the signal being quite good at
times. I was easily able to copy all the letters but not at the same
time.

I saw DF2JP several times, was able to copy most of the call sign
but cannot claim to have received all portions of it.

73,
Paul N1BUG