LF: MF: EU<> NA and more

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, [email protected], John Langridge <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: MF: EU<> NA and more
From: N1BUG <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 06:45:53 -0500
Sender: [email protected]
Propagation on the TA path last night was not special. There was deep and rapid QSB. Peak signal levels were still down a few dB from those I have seen on a number of nights prior to the start of our trans-Atlantic efforts. Nevertheless our efforts were finally rewarded ! Big thanks to everyone who stayed up late to participate !

I saw a few WSPR decodes from DL, G, and PA early, starting around 2200z.

I first copied G3KEV on JT9 at 2300z. There were a few attempts at a QSO but QSB kept killing it. We were almost complete at 0000z but missing some final pieces of the QSO. At 0100 we had another chance and I completed my first MF trans-Atlantic QSO with Mal.

I was called by PA0A a couple of times. At 0050z I had good copy with -19 signal, but I watched him fade away over the next few periods as he continued to send a -25 report to me. No QSO.

I logged QSOs with KC4SIT, G3KEV, K9MRI, W9XA, W7IUV, KC3OL, and KA1AL.

I will try again tonight, starting 2230z (maybe a little earlier if I have seen any WSPR or JT9 from Europe) and continue until at least 0200z. I can continue later or return for European sunrise if there is any interest. As always I suggest EU transmit first period, NA second so we maximize our chance for success. Let me know who plans to be QRV.

Congratulations to G3KEV and NO3M on their QSO. Also to NO3M and KL7L, a very difficult path ! Well done, guys !

73,
Paul N1BUG FN55mf