Re: LF: CQ TM77T JT9 or QRSS3 from tomorrow evening until Sunday

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: CQ TM77T JT9 or QRSS3 from tomorrow evening until Sunday
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 21:57:30 +0000
Accept-language: nl-BE, en-GB, en-US
Sender: [email protected]

​Hello Luis,

great to have a QSO at last. Your signal was really strong here.

I am afraid that living in a tower building inevitable comes with high QRM levels. Maybe an remote antenna (as Stefan has) will bring RX and TX in balance.

I have the opposite problem as I live in a forrested area. The noise level is rather low (and comes from my own house, so I can track down QRM sources and switch them off), but due to the many trees near the antenna the losses are very high (about 65 Ohm loss resistance !).

Currently I run 270 W RF power for +/- 500 mW ERP.

73, Rik  ON7YD