Re: LF: ICOM IC706

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: ICOM IC706
From: "F6CNI - Andy - JN19QB" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 11:15:28 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Ken.

Here I use my ICOM 706 model MK2 without any modification, for transmitting on 472 and 137 bands.

On MF it is very important to set the power level to « L » that is the minimum power in the menu. The output power on 50 ohms is about 1.5 Watt. Good signal shape, enough stability for WSPR and all other usual modes, even QRSS 60. I use an external LPF home made.

On LF it is also working nice, but the output power is only about 5 dBm… You need some power extra gain for good results HI !

Best 73 de Andy F6CNI.