Re: VLF: EbNaut 8270.1 Hz Saturday evening

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: EbNaut 8270.1 Hz Saturday evening
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2017 15:26:59 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Markus,

I received your VLF night transmission with Eb/N0= 1.4 dB, see attachment.

However there was a second decode which was stronger. And the message only decoded at a -2 second offset. So it was worth to watch the decode or the log file. You see there was a large time offset because my FFT covers 11.8 hours. When using the file with the lowest time offset value, there is no decode at all. Strange things are happening here!

BTW i have analysed my local 6470 Hz EbNaut message that was recorded on the Raspi. It decoded without problems and without time- or frequency offsets, just like the same message from the tree. The postprocessing was done with SL V2.90b2 and PPS+NMEA. So there seem to be no problems, neither with the Raspi nor with the older SL version. I still didn't get a decode from my 5 char message on 970 Hz. But i  optimised the filter/blanker settings for the best view of the carriers in the spectrogram. The EbNaut message was more buried in the noise. So maybe there is still some hope by trying different filter/blanker settings.

73, Stefan