R: Re: Re: Re: LF: Re: I: Fw: For today the FETs survived...

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: R: Re: Re: Re: LF: Re: I: Fw: For today the FETs survived...
From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2017 14:06:08 +0200 (CEST)
Sender: [email protected]
now my thoughts are even more confused....
Hi Andy, me again....
after a long night of meditation, I remembered I had a bounch of old
style mica capacitators 1000pF 1000V..
I put
9 of them in parallel to get the closer value to the 8800pF I had
before.
Of course the resonance moved a bit and now is on 134.5 kHz with 3dB
bandwidth of 9 kHz (Q=15 I know is a bit to high..) so carried out some
tests on 134 kHz (of course on the dummyload) all without guard circuit
1st test xfmr 7T/19T (Ae197mm² R50 mat T38): 2Wout @10Vdc; 6,5
Wout@20Vdc; 13,7Wout@30Vdc stable.. @40Vdc after a quick peak the power
slowly goes down till below 1W!
2nd test I had still on hands the previous xfmr 5T/12T (Ae197mm² same
core as 1st test) so was worth to make a trial... same trend :-( for
Vdc> 30V after a first peak... it goes down.
I had another core available with different material (N30, Ae 154mm²
R58) so I prepared a new xfmr with this core 7T/14T:
1,4Wout@10Vdc; 4,6Wout@20Vdc; 9,2Wout@30Vdc .... at 40Vdc a short burst
with almost 15Wout and then down down down... :-((((((

I noticed a difference in comparison to your project: you connected the
+ and - rails to ground via 10nF and here I used 100nF caps could it
explain this behaviour?

73 Marco