R: Re: LF: Re: I: Fw: For today the FETs survived...

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: R: Re: LF: Re: I: Fw: For today the FETs survived...
From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 14:03:13 +0200 (CEST)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Andy,

and thanks for thinking to my FETs :-)

Indeed I made 2 trials, the first with the 5T/12T xfmr and then
changed a bit the ratio but I got about the same kind of resoults.
Now I have a new xfmr
7T/19T mounted and will make a new set of measure this evening (if not
too sleepy) or during the weekend.

With concern to the LC, I stopped to wind the coil when the wire
finished.. and was lucky that the 4x 2200pF caps were resonating it
close to 137 kHz so I made (up to now) no adjustment either on the coil
or on the caps. By the way, while carring out the measures (at that low
power level..) I checked where the tx was peaking and seen that a -3dB
curve is about 20 kHz wide. Now when checking with the new xfmr will
recheck (hopefully at higher power) where it is peaking and how broad
is and eventually try a more flat configuration (of course it is easier
to cut turns and add pF.. )

Will keep you posted
73 Marco IK1HSS