Re: LF: RE: Iron dust toroids and heating

To: Clemens Paul <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: RE: Iron dust toroids and heating
From: Chris Wilson <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 11:54:57 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=from:date:message-id:to:subject:mime-version :content-transfer-encoding; bh=aQd9YqhceowHV8ujlnkrEjtgvMQaMgY8bIZDtww0zDY=; b=dUOYvj+xnS/8kMihA4h0Ny6FN0v5A+DgKIbTuKUuPCn0SrjnI69VTdwB8MaZafxejM bouE4wFeODyERUw/7l0JWOAdsnhG2kQnCb/tCxg1ufjoUKYSn1LlGyfHilhDh61WQoSV ReeJJpH+XWr1tR0iSwxBF1h6CQ0DQ5+SLHhQlqGsoBIUTTZX5NH0Ga5J31SvNGYijVLp VKlV4zaRsKvP2U6+UsB4Jg02W+MDNV5YoZq8j1f4x9kWCReOvobUs7OZkutFCpNF/q0m ftCSw0thpHvA8eSxm6IieVUHrc2XpF6beAzawaOFne7uyuCgHV3Zc/i0DgrxoW7hPECF 4LtA==
Sender: [email protected]

  Hello Clemens,

I would have done that straight away but I stripped the burnt wire and
Kaptan tape off the middle core yesterday ready to rewind it. I made
a reply a few minutes ago to Stefan re how using the G3YXM LPF didn't
work at all well on the W1VD amp, even on very low power. Apart from
the over heating (of just the middle core) on the W1VD LPF filter when
running more power that I expect it was designed for, it worked fine.
When re-wound I can do the test you suggest though, with my AIM4170,
thanks for that

Best regards,
 Chris  2E0ILY                          mailto:[email protected]

--
Best regards,
 Chris                          mailto:[email protected]