Re: VLF: Some natural signals

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: Some natural signals
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2017 16:18:01 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Joe,

Am 01.05.2017 16:03, schrieb [email protected]:
Hi Stefan,

Amazing work on ULF.  This is very inspring for for someone lamenting
over yet another fried VLF helix.
Thank you :-)

It is easy to lock to NAA and maybe generate a carrier on 8277 Hz?
Yes it is easy. But i would recommend to come on 8270 Hz. You could go to 8269.9975 Hz regularly. A 'channel' distance of 2.5 mHz has established since some time now. This frequency is covered by most grabbers. You will not cause QRM at all. Even if you are strong enough to be detected here, people would be happy instead of angry.

73, Stefan

During the detection of the far field for the first time on 18 April,
the Alpha stations could be seen in the 11 kHz window.  Incidently I
was using the DK7FC VLF probe.

73
Joe