Re: LF: SL settings for EbNaut FFT recording ?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: SL settings for EbNaut FFT recording ?
From: Markus Vester <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2017 08:19:30 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Luis,

the attached usr is similar to what I'm using here.

Notes:

- The data files (named MMDDhhmm.txt) will be written every hour into a folder "data8H". You will first have to create this folder in SpecLab's main folder.
- The duration of one FFT (and one data file content) is 1/31uHz ~ 8.9 hours. After startup, don't be impatient because the first aquisition will take 8.9 hours. Thereafter a fresh one will appear every hour, (i.e. 7.9 hours overlap).
- The FFT center frequency has been set to 8270.000, so you will need to enter the 0.1 Hz frequency offset later into the EbNaut decoder.
- The samplerate sync has been set to 1pps without NMEA. This means that you have to keep your PC clock within +-0.5 s. Alternatively, you could use a resistor to inject serial NMEA data into the right channel, and enable it in the  SR detector menu.
- After first startup, you will need to let the SR detector calibrate the true samplerate of your soundcard, and enter that into the correction table. You can also use the ">>" button in the SR detector window.
- Take a note of the calibrated samplerate, because it will also be needed for the sr.txt file, which will be used by the ebnaut_ifft3a utility.
- I would recommend to enable "use file buffer" under Options-Memory (size e.g. 120 MB) so that display contents will be restored after a restart.

Good luck!
Markus

-----Ursprüngliche Mitteilung----- maintain