Re: VLF: Now on 5170.0025 Hz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: Now on 5170.0025 Hz
From: Markus Vester <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2017 10:09:21 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
Danke Tom! That's a nice report. Distance between us would now be a bit under a wavelength ;-)

As the antenna current dropped further to 0.13 A, I decided to interrupt the transmission and take a look. The coil was actually cold to the touch so the reduction was not due to temperature-dependent copper resistance.  However that tuning had gone down by more than 100 Hz, probably due to the yoghurt cups sinking slightly into one another, an effect which Stefan had also observed earlier. Being eager to get on air, I hadn't used Lego spacers between all of the cups. Inserting some more shims has now restored the resonance and original current. I will try to keep the carrier on air till the evening.

Best 73,
Markus (DF6NM)