Re: VLF: 8270.0025 Hz Sunday - VLF MIMO?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: 8270.0025 Hz Sunday - VLF MIMO?
From: Markus Vester <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2017 17:30:40 -0500
Sender: [email protected]
The carrier was on air without interruption until 22:00 UT. It's a peasure to see the Uwe's and my traces side by side on Paul's compass-spectrogram, and also on the tree in Heidelberg since Stefan connected his other loop. Thanks also to Tom DK1IS for sharing a 30 mHz spectrogram from the Perseus receiver at DL0AO (48 km).

Thinking more about crossed loops, I'm wondering if we could try to demonstrate MIMO (multiple input multiple output) co-channel transmissions? If Stefan connected both loops to the Raspi stereo soundcard, Uwe and I could simultaneously send two different EbNaut messages on the same frequency, which could then be decoded independently. Paul could probably do the same, although our angular separation would be smaller in Todmorden. Or maybe with Stefan transmitting as well, three MIMO channels might still separable with the help of Paul's E-field antenna? Another strategy could be to decode the strongest signal, reconstruct it's waveform and subtract it before proceeding to the next weaker one.

Best 73,
Markus (DF6NM)