R: LF: CT/G3KEV

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: R: LF: CT/G3KEV
From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 19:32:55 +0100 (CET)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Mal,

unfortunately I guess is not an easy task on MF...
the mast is generally grounded (ehm in the sea..) because is
electrically connected to the ballst bulb for lightening safety so you
have to make a sort of gamma match using one of the stray (the must
guys).
This solution is quite good on HF with the drawback of easy burns for
RF feedback (I remeber a burning CQ some years ago).
The nice thing is that, provided you have a good connection to ground
(again the sea) there is a very good earth (sea) plane available.
The best I found was when in the harbour, I connected the ground wire
to the chains which are submerged and connect the buoys.
I guess you have to find a yacht wit 2 masts and think to hang a
Marconi type antenna ;-)

73 Marco IK1HSS