LF: AW: My active whip antenna has gone noisy and insensitive

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: AW: My active whip antenna has gone noisy and insensitive
From: "Hans Joachim Brandt" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 16:30:00 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Dear Chris,

I am using an active antenna using an operational amplifier OP27; the
circuit had been published in the german CQ-DL May 2007. This circuit is
employing two protection diodes 1N4148 at the positive gate input (both
cathodes in direction to the plus voltage). Additionally a series resistor
of 47 ohms maximum has been used between the active antenna area and the IC
positive input and another resistor of 12 kOhm between the positive input
and a blocking capacitor (at this capacitor the DC voltage is half the total
supply of 12 volts. The negative input of this IC is connected to the IC
output by an 1kOhms resistor. Until today I have never encountered any
damage of the IC or its input gate. I guess such a gate protection should be
included into every active antenna circuit. Another advantage of using such
an operating amplifier is a supply current of just 10 mA! Sorry to say that
for the moment, due to a change of the computer, I do not have a circuit
copy available for this active antenna.

HW?

73 Ha-Jo, DJ1ZB