Re: VLF: 24.1 and 25.0 kHz - China?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: VLF: 24.1 and 25.0 kHz - China?
From: "Marcus PY3CRX PY2PLL" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 11:53:15 -0300
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Markus

I don’t have how to RDF but I recorded this today at 14Z (I’m 23 south / 46 west).

Does not looks like Beta from Russia (was not detected at Twentee Netherlands SDR).

There’s a 2 minute video of the time window 13:57 ... 14:01. I have a bigger HDSDR IF file recorded (from 13:55 to 14:10 I guess).

73
Marcus
PY3CRX/PY2PLL
GG66rf

Sent: Monday, July 11, 2016 7:15 AM
Subject: VLF: 24.1 and 25.0 kHz - China?

Since July 1st, I am observing a continuous emission on 25.0 kHz, cochannel with the well-known occasional Russian time signals:
http://www.df6nm.darc.de/vlf/vlfgrabber.htm
The signal consists of a continuous idle pattern with 25 Hz spaced lines, apparently interrupted every hour by data transmissions of variable duration. During earlier months, the same signal was sometimes visible on 24.1 kHz, just above NAA. Searching the web brings up hints of a Chinese transmitter on that frequency, matching the RDF azimuth (approx. 65°) and diurnal fades (~ 13 and 1 UT) observed here. Does anyone happen to have further info regarding TX location or radiated power?

All the best,
Markus (DF6NM)