Re: LF: RE: Re: Cumiana OOS

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: Re: Cumiana OOS
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2016 10:30:39 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Luis,

Thanks for your nice words and your idea.
Ignition coils, well, they may handle the voltage but i think the winding will become to warm at 30 mA 24/7. But the main problem would be that i need a certain inductance because it is a resonated circuit. So i need an adjustable air gap into the ferrite material, like i have in my arrangement. Also, the ignition coil may generate (and temporary hold) 20 kV but i don't assume that it can generate that voltage at 2.97 kHz but just on higher frequencies. It is the same with the old TV transformers (LOPT). They may generate 3 kV but not at 2.97 kHz. There, they would saturate. Of course i already checked that a long time ago :-)

I hope you will find the time to come back to LF and below soon. Don't stress, it's summer and there's a LOT of QRN these days...

73, Stefan