LF: 472kHz.org

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 472kHz.org
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 12:44:05 +0000
Accept-language: nl-BE, en-GB, en-US
Sender: [email protected]

Dear all,

the 472kHz.org website is online since 3 months, having over 13000 visits.

55 hams active on 630 meter registered and entered their station data (see http://www.472khz.org/pages/on-the-air/who-is-who.php). This is a good portion of all hams active on this band (but the more the better).

On this occasion I would like to thank all who participated by entering their station data or giving suggestions to improve the site.

In particular a big thank you to Alan, G3NYK, for his great article on propagation (http://www.472khz.org/pages/technical-topics/propagation.php).

I would also invite everybody to have a look at the table of countries that have access to 630 meter (http://www.472khz.org/pages/about-472-khz/countries.php). You will probably note the many blank fields in the table (power, bandwidth, modes ...). If you have any information that can fill these blank fields please let me know (reply to this message or [email protected]). Same if you see any information that is not correct or complete.

Please also have a look at the link page (http://www.472khz.org/pages/and-more/useful-links.php), maybe you know some interesting sites that are not yet included.

Any suggestions about additional topics for the site are also welcome.

I have received a few mail from hams that were reluctant to register for privacy (spam) reasons.

I can assure that privancy of the registered users is most important to me:

- Only your callsign, first name and QTH (city) are obligatory listed in the "Who is who"

- Unless you agree to have tour e-mail address listed it will be only used for registering and in case you lost (forgot) your password.

- Even if you agree to have tou e-mail address listed it will be shown as a picture (without link) in order to be save from e-mail harvesting robots.

- The website does not use cookies.

73, Rik  ON7YD - OR7T