Re: LF: Can LF damage a mains input filter?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Can LF damage a mains input filter?
From: Lawrence Galea <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 08:01:55 +0200
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to; bh=bsFaAXCLRBxJn3JashPleVVhgFovfkcv8Gw7TGa+6ok=; b=wbZAUEn2Tn5gJpkmy0Kw8yBQgJBS1+c+0xAwK2yR/WflZ/DmL3tLhYB82xxKJRGG49 STvfdNfi35CfYpM3RGvhpJ3p4ltfOcppipRVmh8KeD9z2SZJam2eGhM3/wM9/Y5WJp1V qYdAfCGtTLo/MKsOJ2+XEDVVKG5e4tyddJ2TfSle1Y1LcthWH+XMmsjAUulTCFPZeOte gY+gyw14chFz/ejgmyNsF4NTxYHlMzuhKzanZm2F0WYoNoI4+8lYDa3G0LImZ554hN5E NfdZKMF99OXvu196AvEmfZ75OjZ2H6mkEkXUs8IIdcNZb6L0cR1k9d0BQi6bWTpzzJhC SPoQ==
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Chris.
Apart from the suggestions from others, I would suggest a small 1.5 -
2 turn link right across the input of the amplifier. You could wind it
on say a 2mm twist drill for size. Such a coil would present a
reasonable impedance to the UHF TV signals but would effectively be a
short circuit for HF and lower VHF signals, shorting them to earth at
the amplifier input. and prevent saturation of the amplifier with your
transmitter signals.
Regards
Lawrence