LF: RE: Lawn Mower QRM

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: RE: Lawn Mower QRM
From: "Clemens Paul" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2016 19:40:23 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Markus,

today you have better chances regarding help by BNetzA if an amateur band
is polluted than if it were a BC band.
The PLC (aka BPL in US) lobby has pushed up the allowed level in EU by 40dB
(IIRC)
*outside* the ham bands.
Even noise with S9 in a ~6kHz BW is within this allowed level in a BC band.

A friend of mine in Munich had S9 broadband noise (but no PLC noise) on 80m.
The BNetzA stuff could help him out because it was above the allowed level.
It turned out that it was a badly wired telephone line to his heighbours house
carrying
VDSL signals.

73
Clemens