Re: LF: EbNaut from Todmorden

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: EbNaut from Todmorden
From: Paul Nicholson <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 17:31:23 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

That reminds me, I need to stock up a bit with FKP caps!

I haven't measured the antenna current, I'll have to rig
something up to measure that.  It's probably 2 or 3 amps.
The wire is about 500m but the average height is only about 4m
and it is surrounded and supported by lots of trees.  I expect
the radiation resistance is very low.  In fact I'm counting
on it otherwise I'm breaking the law!

> That's certainly the best way to go, using an isolating
> transformer at the end of the coax. Prevents you from
> unwanted currents through the house / mains earth.

Yes, putting another transformer at the far end of the coax
has improved things considerably.  I had some interference in
the house but now that's gone.  A PC monitor with touch button
controls was merrily switching itself on and off all the time,
now it is fine.  The ADSL was complaining and resetting, now
it has no problem.

In a while I'll go out and see if the mud patch is steaming :)
Earlier I had a tub of salt water simmering.   This is fun!

--
Paul Nicholson