Re: LF: QRSS6000 ??

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: QRSS6000 ??
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2016 00:49:04 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Trying again without email attachment...

Am 05.03.2016 00:04, schrieb DK7FC:
Hello Gary,

The message is in attachment.
However, it is just a local test, not a real transmission.
Explanation: I had to use a new PC for generating LF and VLF signals (with SpecLab). For this change i took the chance and made another modification which is helpful for the really slow modes, using a 1 pps signal instead of the 10 kHz GPS ref signal. It works for the frequency generation however my "60000" window produces glitches. So i plan to apply the 1 pps to the receive instances too. However i used quite old SL versions on the VLF grabber, which do not work with 1 pps without NMEA. On the other side i did not want to delete the 7 week old "DFCW-60000" spectrogram :-) So i installed the latest SL version and started further SL instances in the background. As soon as the spectrogram was completely filled with data, i exchanged the image upload and shut down the old instance. In one week, the new 60000 spectrogram is completely filled in the new SL version. When my local transmission is finished, i can do the 1 pps modification and complete the move to an up to date SL version.

BUT! I can tell you i will be back on air on VLF in 1...2 weeks, the first time on 8.27 kHz for me. The 36 km band, uuuuh! The signal will be small but detectable in > 100 km.

73, Stefan