LF: Third-method LF Upconverter

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: LF: Third-method LF Upconverter
From: Andy Talbot <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2016 20:30:21 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=tiooP+15pLizj63aztJUL6kVBd7NlNUOCmIvBvQ45D4=; b=mm5PEOPsatrL7xcT07GFZ+OgSKPaPOsuwM5BhcBK7Bsq0cifMi9/mILP9/kPFD00eh 6hlejRarJA3SDcR7rRt3bxk2q4whBGWKsxfa87Pa+QhNdSiP1p5wGWA6XEAbQ2O9YDrP QY33tsjatX7NFpb11yY4qHPioeOgOlUJc7hmf/iWQAYLTF4KvT+gdh7uS64htsucnFVl dexkYpZwWgrEbVaP4lqfH0j2w47qPEFj1zpayccchV9EM6iH7oZyYVdoBdoLBHg/hWgU 0qc2BVCVBkkMh06ycyYkD4+kSVlputJ/daqhT2qv/sg+Jx6Y1fWirjlNA+zNpR6mICMt EN5w==
Sender: [email protected]
I've just completed a write up of my third-method direct audio upconverter, this can be found at http://www.g4jnt.com/ThirdMethodUpconverter.pdf

It's an all-analogue design, so probably could be considered a bit dated when the input circuitry, and possibly even more, could now all be done on a DSP chip.  But at least it's simple to build and to visualise!

There are three PICs inside it, two doing completely trivial tasks,  but was the easiest way to implement them; the other is a DDS tuning controller.  Source and Hex code for all of them can be downloaded from the link given in the .PDF

In view of the complete lack of interest in PCBs when I mentioned this earlier - I shan't be designing one.  My breadboard PCB design, shown in the photograph at Figure 6,  isn't really suited for distributing as it has been hacked around more than a bit.

Andy  G4JNT