Re: LF: New DXCC in MF: EA9MH in Melilla

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: New DXCC in MF: EA9MH in Melilla
From: VIGILANT Luis Fernández <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2016 09:06:50 +0000
Accept-language: es-ES, en-US
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan, MF

Some off topic facts:

In fact Melilla was founded as Spanish before the existence of morocco as a
country ! :-)

It is just an small town and the sorrounding area which was defined as the
range of a canon shooting up
from the castle. There are also some islands very close to morocco which are
Spanish
Search for "Chafarinas", "Peñon de Velez de la Gomera", "Peñon de Alhucemas"
and "Isla de Peregil"
The isle in the bay of Alhucemas is specially sourprising. Lools like a
floating castle

There is also another town located on the african side of Gibraltar strait,
called Ceuta. Both towns form EA9
and it is a rare DXCC. Unfortunately there are few hams active and no signs of
incresing activity

I know Manolo EA9MH since I was there in Melilla for my militar service.
Fortunately I meet many hams there
which helped me to sourvive one year forced to keep inside Melilla area. That
was ..... 28 years ago !!! :(

73 de Luis
EA5DOM