Re: VLF: Software PSK modulation

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: Software PSK modulation
From: IZ7SLZ <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2016 19:13:38 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:references :in-reply-to:content-type; bh=PY6DmlClv/Ivay1w/tQADEAUkj6vxbvoo4leMvLfBvI=; b=DZFpG27y6SAdIQ7PcFP3daBK0xgdZUd+4MrW4BP6FuRKAojidiRELY3d6rW1irD7sP VqU0YV1/+QrgR+aBKzImfJddbIIG/nD3y4et1rjUWfnR+OvxjwTSrlfn2FNa0gFRGW0k LUyXaT49AqelpqMrHP3DtgB4dTLoXMkbH9F4Oo8wQ7ck7Ay+1DGyHU4g01vwBJlHt745 YKSsaDSb8dlChzflClWDi+U54QPvxdX9qjFOjvqS/xy0v9FxH/bCfa/09AFbDvrO8QU5 Jo5c93fbqOSB1/jt2rylFcTLw9v75TgmfLbETFSw1y9HayEc4b99NFvHczvn2iedwy3g DItw==
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Markus,

many thanks for sharing details of your very interesting experiment. As you known,  i have used your PLL method in my LF-EbNaut setup to generate a quite steady  modulating audio tone. But in my case, the feedback is taken at the output of the sound card before the ring-modulator that acts the bpsk.
If i have understood, you have now overcome the initial problem of this PLL that tends to cancels the psk modulation. That's good. I will try it in my next VLF local transmissions.

Since two days, i'm running a (temporarily !) VLF receiver/grabber with a resolution of 63 uHz:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fsjkfuhggozzv5w/grabber.jpg?dl=0

Unfortunatly no signals on "dreamer" band in these two days of activity (made by you and Uwe)  was picked up. I'm working to improve reception trying to relocate the mini-whip. Next step will be to test a Loop antenna. By the way, the chances to pick up a VLF "dreamer" signal from Central Europe are very less here in my station in JN80 that is "urban-located" and fairly far from you.

I want to try to record and decode my local EbNaut signals on VLF. I made some reception test using Wolf's beta version that includes EbNaut facilities. I have succesfully tested it on MF during some test transmissions of IW4DXW. But i want test also your recording method that uses the FFT export file function of Spectrum Lab.
Taking in consideration that i'm using 48000 sample/s can you suggest the correct parameters needed for SL and for the sr.txt file used for the inverse-FFT program ?

Maybe someone else is interested at this method.

Thanks in advance.

73 and good week-end to all group

Domenico / iz7slz