Re: LF: 2200m Plots of the whole Band

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 2200m Plots of the whole Band
From: Hartmut Wolff <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 21:16:27 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Markus,

thanks for your reply.

Hartmut as you are fairly close to the DCF39 site, I would have expected even
stronger sidebands in your spectrograms. Were these from your K9AY antenna
pointing away from Burg?

Burg is in the minimum of the antenna at 120 degrees, about 30db down.

There is still a third turn on the antenna, which I added for the 74kHz experiments 2 years ago. Then I needed more gain for a better signal to thermal noise ratio. For 2200m the third turn is not necessary. Only the IP2 signals are getting more worse.

73
Hartmut