AW: Re: LF: 2 orthogonal loops and tree stuff

To: [email protected]
Subject: AW: Re: LF: 2 orthogonal loops and tree stuff
From: Vincent Stallbaum <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 22:15:02 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Cool,

QRO is also used for the GHz Link ;-) Well done, amazing work!

73 es 74 Vinny

Von: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Datum: 28.12.2015 20:48 (GMT+01:00)
An: [email protected]
Betreff: Re: LF: 2 orthogonal loops and tree stuff

Hi MF,

It was an UFB WX on the tree again today, while it was completely
overcast and cold down in the city. Estimated 15 °C in the sun... Like
in heaven! See:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7ek90nptdid00sv/AADzH49qyT-fXq6fmCXZsWWga?dl=0

I have completed the matching of the second loop now. So there are
different signals beeing transferred via the stereo stream now. These
are read in SpecLab here and generate separate spectrograms where the
difference between both loops become visible, see
http://www.iup.uni-heidelberg.de/schaefer_vlf/DK7FC_remote_Grabber.html

As a test there are now WSPR uploads from each antenna. Instead of
DK7FC/P i am now uploading spots from DK7FC/NW and DK7FC/NE, for each of
the loops. This will be done for a few days, just to study the
difference of SNR, watch phase variations, QSB on MF and so on.

I still need to do a fine tuning of the loops, i.e. decouple them from
each other. The angle between them is just roughly 90 deg and there is
room for optimisations. It is a very first state of that system now.

First coloured spectrograms will appear on the grabber site too, in a
hour or so.

73, Stefan