LF: Re: [rsgb_lf_group] Fwd: [rsgbtech] Alpha VLF transmitter report

To: <[email protected]>, <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: [rsgb_lf_group] Fwd: [rsgbtech] Alpha VLF transmitter report
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 11:03:22 -0000
Sender: [email protected]

Done
Alan
G3NYK

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, December 14, 2015 10:54 AM

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: 'Peter Martinez' [email protected] [rsgbtech] <[email protected]>
Date: 14 December 2015 at 10:11
Subject: [rsgbtech] Alpha VLF transmitter report
To: [email protected]

If there is anyone here who is also subscribed to a VLF forum, they may like
to pass on my observation that the "Alpha" transmitter at Revda, which has
been off-air for many years, has reappeared recently but is today
transmitting about 900 msec early of it's assigned timeslot on all
frequencies. In the case of the 11.9 kHz frequency, this means it is
interfering with the emission from Krasnodar and thereby corrupting the
entire Navigational system. My own position fix derived from Alpha is off
by 110km and shows me somewhere off the east coast.

Let's hope all the Russian nuclear submarines are home for Christmas and not
trying to find their way around under the polar ice.

73
Peter G3PLX

Posted by: Andy Talbot <[email protected]>