Re: LF: COHERENT BPSK ON MF

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: COHERENT BPSK ON MF
From: Wolfgang Büscher <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 21:53:10 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Greetings all,

Pauls wrote:

There's a big range of signal levels during this QSO, is that
normal for MF?  The phase looks pretty steady on these short
messages so I guess the amplitude should be too.

Unfortunately, yes. There is an incredible range of QSB, often exceeding 4 S-meter units on an old-fashioned receiver. I just experienced it myself again on MF (OM2015TITANIC occasionally, ahem... "took a deep dive"). There is typically a sinusoidal "up and down" of the received fieldstrength, with periods ranging from a few ten seconds to minutes.

All the best,
  Wolf .