Re: LF: Re: [rsgb_lf_group] Coherent receivers and EbNaut

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: [rsgb_lf_group] Coherent receivers and EbNaut
From: Paul Nicholson <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2015 19:28:26 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

ebnaut-rx:

1/ Uses the integer sample rate given in the WAVEfmt
   block of the header;

2/ Expects an 'inf1' chunk following the 'fact' chunk;

3/ If the inf1 chunk contains a text string beginning sr=,
   it takes a floating point sample rate following the =
   and this over-rides the integer sample rate of item 1;

4/ The inf1 chunk can contain optional ut= and rf= text
   strings which supply the UTC start time and rx frequency.
   These are optional and only used for display.  The ut=
   field if present should be a number of seconds since
   1970-01-01, integer or floating point.

Item 2 is a weakness and I'll modify the program so that it
won't reject the WAV file if there's no inf1 chunk.  Then
it can just proceed using the integer sample rate.  The
sample rate of the I/Q data doesn't need to be GPS-exact, it
only needs to be good enough for the bit clock.

> MSF 60khz ... appears to have dropped for a few minutes
> round about 1715z.

Confirmed,

 http://abelian.org/vlf/tmp/151108a.gif

--